6oz caster sugar
6oz self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoons milk
grated zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
12 tablespoons icing sugar, sieved
1. Heat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20 x 10cm loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Put the cake ingredients into a food processor and whoosh it together until you have a smooth batter.
3. Pour into the cake tin and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes. To test if it's cooked, stab the cake with a skewer. If it comes out clean, it's done.
4. Remove from the oven and leave in the tine for 10 minutes. Then turn out of the tin and prick the cake all over with a fork.
5. To make the icing: mix the lemon juice and icing sugar together to make a thick white paste. Spoon and pour it over the top of the cake, smoothing it on with a palate knife. Leave to set, then devour.