Sunday, June 16

Lemon Cake

Lemon cake is one of my favourite deserts, I especially the sour tang you get when you bite into this cake, the lemon really gives it a burst of flavour. Also, this lemon cake is a crowd pleaser, definitely a desert to make when you are hosting a dinner party as it's easy and quick to make, leaving you plenty of time while it's cooking (50 minutes!) to get ready! Because I got this recipe from a cookbook at home, the recipe and ingredients are listed below. I hope you'll enjoy baking (and eating) this as much I did!

Ingredients:
Cake:
4oz butter
6oz caster sugar
6oz self-raising flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoons milk
grated zest of 1 lemon
Icing:
juice of 1 lemon
12 tablespoons icing sugar, sieved

1. Heat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20 x 10cm loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Put the cake ingredients into a food processor and whoosh it together until you have a smooth batter.
3. Pour into the cake tin and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes. To test if it's cooked, stab the cake with a skewer. If it comes out clean, it's done.
4. Remove from the oven and leave in the tine for 10 minutes. Then turn out of the tin and prick the cake all over with a fork.
5. To make the icing: mix the lemon juice and icing sugar together to make a thick white paste. Spoon and pour it over the top of the cake, smoothing it on with a palate knife. Leave to set, then devour.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I need to try it. It looks sooo good!

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Classy Theory'. I would love to read your thoughts on it.

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Sofia
    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, I've never had lemon cake before. This looks great though!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks delicious! i love lemon cake its my favourite!

    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love a good lemon loaf and this one looks superb!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiene muy buena pinta!
    www.makeupessence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lemon cake too especially with the icing! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMY!!!! I love this!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh many thanks for this recipe!
    Looks really yummy!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks really delicious!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cake looks delicous thank you for sharing the recipe with us. I going to give it a try since I love to bake.
    http://tifi11@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god, YUM. That looks amazing!!!! Seems like a perfect recipe for summer : )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages. Thank you xo