This past week has been a real eye-opener for me. I am increasingly learning how to develop a healthy work-life balance. Being a primary teacher, as well as working towards my qualification, is a very demanding job. Even though school finishes at 3:15, there are still 101+ things that need to be done in preparation for the next day. I am steadily learning the importance of prioritising my workload and realising that sometimes I am best being honest with people and saying 'no' rather than increasing my workload to appease others. I think the whole topic of a healthy work-life balance is really important to discuss in greater detail and I want to share more of my thoughts on this constant battle in a subsequent post.
For now, I am enjoying the following five things...
1. Pottering around my garden and tending to my newly planted flowers.
2. Finally getting our AGA fitted in the kitchen. Now I can cook proper meals and have dinner parties! Yippee.
3. I'm looking forward to the fast approaching Easter holiday where I will spend my days aimlessly walking with Harry, Ben and my Nikon.
4. Editing a video which I think you will all love! Eeeek.
5. Heading down to the local pub this Friday with my brother, Charlotte, Ben and Sam.
Happy mid-week everybody!